Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I hope I'm not being too repetitive as I've just posted all these on facebook. The kids and I got to venture up north to visit our friends and old neighbors in Ipswich, MA. I love any excuse to go up there. It is such a gorgeous, pleasant place and so different than our daily Cambridge atmosphere. I always hear about Crane Beach (in Ipswich) and today we finally got to check it out. It was awesome to have all these sand bars for the kids to play in. Here are some of my favorite people:

the little folks:
bigger folks (Noah reunited with two buddies from kindergarten):
Me with one of the kindest people I've ever met!:
Charlie and Presley have been quite a pair lately. They take turns with the baby stroller and they fight over our baby dolls. They hug and hit and dance. It's a roller coaster! Presley has been working on some writing at home and is so ready for kindergarten. I think she'll love being able to draw without having a toddler yank her paper away. Charlie is learning his colors and mainly can remember yellow ("neh-no"). I always gravitate to teaching them colors before letters and numbers. It's so my thing.
Pres is wearing the shades (she's such a doll!) that Charlie threw out the car window. I had to drive around the corner, find a place to park, and drag both kids down the street to salvage them! Ugh! Presley likes to show off things in front of Char and Charlie likes to grab those things away! A volatile combo! Charlie does however love to be the waiter at our house. He gets a popsicle and always asks for more to pass out to the other kids. Love it. He is also beckoning me with his little hand, saying c'mon, and he'll pat the spot next to where he is for me to sit there. Cute!

3 comments:

allegra said...

what a fun beach trip~ it makes me wish i hit up more beaches around MA while we were there. we hardly visited any in MA, but drove to lots in Maine and stuff. (which are really pretty too)

Lauren said...

I love reading about Charlie's latest antics - he and Dax are always doing the same stuff. Precious! Loved your beach photos. Your photography always inspires me. :) xoxo

Elizabeth said...

looks so fun! great pics as always.