Friday, May 21, 2010

Wrapping up spring

Have I mentioned that summer is my favorite time of year? I just love all the fruit and veggies that are in season, farmer's markets, warm weather- heat even, the beach (duh), sunlight early in the morning, having less layers to wear, windows down in the car, sunshine, park days, eating outside, fourth of july, birthdays, wedding memories, swimming, slower paces, being more likely to exercise, being okay with cereal for dinner cause it's just too hot to turn the oven on, eating popsicles (although that's a year round treat at my house), and you get the point. To celebrate my excitement that summer is just around the corner, I made a bbq meal with lots of summer fixins. For dessert I made this really good strawberry shortcake:

The end of the spring also means that Presley is all done with Joy School. Forever. I can't believe it. I remember Noah's first day of Joy School and Pres crying in the car because she wanted to go too (now that's Charlie). Here are some photo pages I printed out for the kids' little yearbooks:
Cute kiddos. You can see how much they changed from the fall to winter. So bittersweet. I am so excited for Pres to start kindergarten. We are already talking about how fun it will be for her to eat in the cafeteria, and play in the dress ups, and see lots of familiar friends from the park and church. So next year I'll take a break from Joy School and after that, I'd love to teach little Charleston Chew. We'll see where we are living by then!

1 comment:

Clair said...

charleston chew -- soo cute. haha. I didn't realize that PK is going to kindergarten next year! That went by fast! Avery has one more year in preschool - she is a nov bday. you've been busy with photography. good for you! I'm loving all your blog updates.