Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the dust has settled

I feel like I am finally getting things back in order. Last week we had the worst stomach bug traveling through the family. It hit me like a truck! I could not get out of bed all evening. Luckily Josh came to the rescue and took care of everything while I hid under my covers. It hit Presley first, then me, then Noah. I now thoroughly appreciate good health.

We had Joy School here also and have been darting all over Cambridge on the weekends for t-ball, b-day parties, photo sessions, church functions, etc. The temperature has been almost 90 degrees with humidity to add to the craziness. I realized that humidity makes a stinky thing stink more. For example the diaper trash can and dirty dish rags, EW! Then the last couple of days it has been gorgeous. 80 degrees with the most beautiful haze-free skies. I hate haze!

Here is where we live! I love life so much more when summer is approaching!

Joy School at our house! My college Art Teaching Professors would DIE if they saw me teaching kids to make necklaces out of pasta!! Hey, I am learning how much kids need stuff like this for fine motor skills. They loved it. I am so impressed with their little attention spans during projects like this.
Charlie LOVES having Joy School at our house. I can't believe I am finishing up my fourth year of doing this. I never thought I'd do something like this. I was so skeptical at first. Now I am seeing what a great thing it has been for my kiddos.
This little guy has been keeping me on my toes! He is climbing up the gigantic play structure at Noah's school. Most kids don't do that till they're three. Charlie's not even two! I have caught him a couple of times by the arm as he dives off the six foot drop. Then he loves to throw toys and sweep papers off tables. The little terror. He has started to say lots of new words like cereal and pizza. "Sir all" and "pee ah". Those are the main staples of his diet. I just want to feed it to him to get him to say "pee ah" again and again. It's the cutest!

Long post. Sorry. Had to make up for lost time. I'm going now!


Oh yeah, when you get a second, check out my photo blog. It's oozing with CUTE!

1 comment:

Retro Plants said...

the flu!?!
we had it too. . . rotten beans i tells ya!
glad you are all better!

what a great post. . . i love to see what you Boston-ites are up too! ;)

xoxo Plant Cousins! ;)