Thursday, March 3, 2011

Scout it out!

It's official, we have a Cub Scout in our midst! Noah started scouts a few weeks ago and we just got his new digs. I spent the day applying badges yesterday. It took 3 hours to get two on! I thought it would be a snap, bit OH, NO! It probably also took so long because I had a clingy, sick Charlie following me all day. Poor guy. Him and runny noses really don't get along. He yells at his nose saying, "hey, stop it!" when it runs. 

Charlie got a little brother scout shirt and Pres just has this girl scout tee from Old Navy. Last night we all went to scouts as a family and Noah did his activity while the rest of us played basketball in the gym. I think I'm really LOVING having an almost 8 year old.

I have to share some other almost 8 year old blessings. we visited some elderly people the other night and prepped the kids in the car before we went in to meet the "grandpas and grandmas". We told them to speak loudly and clearly and to be extra friendly because we wanted to cheer them up. Noah really surprised me with how well he did at this. He introduced himself and his siblings very clearly. He was polite and even told them he was having fun. I was so so proud. I learned a lot from him that night. (I was pretty much kicking and screaming when I heard we were visiting a nursing home for a family night activity--so glad we went, though!)

1 comment:

Retro Plants said...

oh how cute!
i have always loved scout outfits :)
he looks SO grown up!

love you guys!

p.s. i don't like nursing homes either. . . very sad. but a great cause to cheer them up! they need it!