Sunday, March 6, 2011

Magic

On Thursday, Charlie was sick so we stayed in the house all day long. We spent most of the time in the kids' bedroom. I cleaned while Charlie put together Lego men with the pieces I'd find scattered throughout the place. It seemed like magic that we got the place clean when it was such a disaster to begin with. (I know, I should've had the kids do all the cleaning, but sometimes I want it my own way, and Charlie was responsible for most of the mess so I didn't want Noah and Presley have to suffer because of it!)

Check out Presley. This is her "make over" station. She handed me a a card that read "MAKOGR" which was my coupon to get in. I had to wait in the "waiting room" (hallway) while she set up. 

 I don't expect to get this room on any design blogs! It has that "lived in" feel for sure. I have to say, that when it's clean it feels like a magical place. Everyone wants to be in there. The kids enjoy playing with their toys more and have enough room to spread out with things. Our technique with the Legos is to dump them on the rug so we can clean up easier by folding up the rug and pouring the Legos back in the bin.
 Charlie is pointing to his latest OBSESSION. These Lego men and moving them all over this Lego structure. Lucky for him, Noah has been very generous and now lets Charlie touch these guys. Charlie has earned his trust since he cares more about them being safe than anyone!

2 comments:

Tom/Tabitha said...

I love how when things are clean, it's the place everyone wants to be... happened this weekend with one of our boys' rooms. Nothing under one of the beds... so guess where everyone is?

Heather said...

I'm so impressed with how well you've used the space. They look like happy campers.