Thursday, March 10, 2011

mid March funk & love

Are you ever just totally touched by someone's blog? I'm so glad there is enough uplifting stuff out there on the world wide web to outweigh some of the negative. My friend has this blog that completely stops me in my tracks when I read her stories. If you don't already read This Little Miggy Stayed Home, you might want to add it to your google reader!

This week was one of those off weeks for us. Reading Miggy's blog reminded me of how much love we have for our kids and how love can get us through so much. The week was pretty off because we cannot get our after school routine straight! 
Here are elements for a perfect storm after school:
  1. hunger
  2. exhaustion
  3. a need to "vent"
  4. anxiousness to not miss out on fun
Number 3- I think kids hold back a lot of emotion at school. When they see mom, they want to unload it all (yipppee:/)
Number 4- My kids will see other kids heading to the park, the treat store, or play dates and so the begging begins!! It's a frantic race to track down friends before they leave for a play date or a deep breath to deal with standing in the cold for 30 minutes so the park can be marked off the checklist.

I had a moment, when it all seemed to calm down (once we got home and fed) where I thought how lucky I am that these guys are so great. I love them, they love me, and they love each other (even after destroying each others' lego creations!) Now I have the weekend to come up with a better afternoon strategy. In mom land, preparedness never hurts. I'll let you know how it goes.

Charlie is practically on Noah's lap, trying to be a part of everything Noah's doing. 


...Also, another fun blog to check out is Teaplant Photography. Ever heard of it?? ;) I just updated with a cute, cute, newborn post.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's so true that moms get the brunt of our emotions. You are such a great mom. Keep it up!

Also, I know Brittany too! (through Jocelyn). She's so, so great.