Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MFA

Last week it occurred to me that the kids were going to be out of school the whole last week of February and I didn't have a single plan! I headed over to one of my trusty neighborhood Boston library branches to see if there were any museum passes left. To my dismay the only thing they had left (darn you over-achieving Boston/Cambridge parents!!) were gobs of passes to the zoo- way too cold, and a single pass to the MFA. I would have been STOKED at the MFA pass, but the man said it only covered two adults and it was a coupon not a free pass.  I didn't even look at it and put it in my bag. Then my friend Maria told me she heard kids are free this week and there are tons of activities planned for them. I was SOLD! Maria and her kids came with us and her adorable teenage daughter (and friend) was able to help me with Charlie, the stroller, and the green line (the T that you have to step up to hop on that is tricky with a stroller and a million bags!).

I'm still not sure if Charlie got that they weren't mommies. He kept saying "dead mommies." Yeah, other parents are going to be horrified. ;)
It turns out that a lot of the ancient art includes a great deal of nudity. It took me a few seconds to realize that's what these boys were giggling at!! Moving on...
 Charlie was first to spot this one^ (hopefully this trip didn't traumatize anyone!)
 cuteness
 I was a happy camper. FINALLY made it to the MFA--the only museum I really, really wanted to go to here in Boston.
We also brought Autumn, my friend Eve's daughter who was such a huge help and someone Pres totally looks up to.
 I hope my kids are this cute when they are teens!
 Charlie and I took a stroll through the American Modern art.

 Art projects at the art museum = heaven!


 So enormous!

 Stunning. The kids liked this!

 We love our buddies!!
(the hug that will soon turn into a head-lock!)
 Our crew minus Charlie and I
I'm such a huge fan of collage. This one was made from hundreds of encyclopedias. Probably the best use for them in these days of the internet!

2 comments:

ellen said...

Our RS had a Girls Night Out at the MFA tonight (Wednesday nights are FREE). I love the new wing! I'm bummed I missed the Scaasi exhibit; I'm definitely going back.

Retro Plants said...

oh how awesome!
those paintings are incredible :)

i just love you guys. . . always ready for an adventure!