Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Date Night

We had two different offers of people wanting to take all three of our kiddos for a sleep over so Josh and I could have a late night V-Day date. We turned down the first offer because it turns out this is the weekend we were hosting a future Harvard Student to stay at our house for recruitment weekend. My second friend emailed me and I found out we could still do a date night even though we had this student staying with us. Yaaay! The wonderful Walther family drove an hour to come pick up all three kiddos after school on Friday for a sleep over extravaganza!
{This picture if proof that I need a little point and shoot camera to take on outings! We gave the nice camera to some guy to take our picture and his hat kept knocking the flash shut!}
 It was so weird to say goodbye to everyone! I hopped in the car and drove into Boston to get Josh. We parked at his work and walked to Boston Common to start off with some ice skating at the frog pond! (something that would be tricky with all the kids)
Here is ME! Ice skating was so fun! Josh had me laughing so hard with his "graceful" skills out there.
For dinner we headed to Stephanie's on Newberry St. Josh picked it out because it boasted of "sophisticated comfort food" Josh got Shepherd's Pie and I got a salad with warm goat cheese, pears and pecans. So good!

 We were walking all over the city and it was freezing so we stopped for some cocoa at Borders and heard the cheesiest live music. It was fun to see what kind of groupies follow musicians that give you nerdy chills!
After that, determined to squeeze more into our night, we went and saw True Grit! It was so hard to stay awake after 10 pm. We were loading up on candy to keep our eyelids open. The next morning we slept in till 8:30! It was heaven. Thanks so much Jason and Anna! We owe you big.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So fun! I love that you did so much in one night. I also love that 8:30 is now sleeping in. I think that is the biggest change being a parent. Chris and I slept in until 11 on Saturday's until we were 30. Glad we lived it up then! Happy V-Day!

p.s.--I finally just mailed your b-day package on Thursday. Sorry I'm so late!