Sunday, February 13, 2011

So this is love...


Our whole house likes to break into that song because we had a Cinderella movie marathon for a few days straight a while ago. To wrap up our whirlwind weekend, we turned our dining room into the valentine factory this afternoon. It turns out Noah was on board to do valentines this year! I put the most thought into his (since he lets me do the footwork in his creative projects). 
We started out with a photo and added some digital embellishments^^ 
Here is Noah hard at work! He just loves to move fast through these projects. Careful isn't in his vocabulary when it comes to writing out names of friends! He had fun, though:)
The finished products:
Our wireless printer has trouble communicating with the computer a lot of the time, so I had to improvise some of my original ideas. (Does anyone know how to fix that prob?)

Then for Presley's cards we got out the paint. I asked her if she wanted to cut and glue hearts or make a heart stamp. She chose the stamp. To Josh's dismay, she also chose GLITTER! (That Mariah Carey movie must be all about Presley) Presley wanted to do everything herself so I let her have at it. From cutting the paper to stamping and glittering. She was in charge.
Then for Charlie, we made these little numbers:
This was all me. To include Char, I had him add his finger prints. Josh laughs at me and wants me to admit I do this for me more than the kids. I say, whatev. However, I did find myself signing one of Charlie's cards, "love, Terese" dang it!:)
Happy V-Day Everyone!

3 comments:

Nicol Clark said...

Love them! So creative! I made some shutter fly valentines again this year and then let ani draw pics on the back and dictate to me what she wanted to say to the people. Then we also made some handmade ones where i let her go crazy with some stickers she had picked out. You have inspired me to do something more fresh next year!
Also, thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. :-p heehee I need to introduce ani to that movie!

Kirstin said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Elizabeth said...

such cute valentines! i always love to see the arts/crafts you do with your kids. we are seriously lacking in that dept. here!