Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine Ideas

I love Valentine's Day with kids. I am really excited about it this year because Presley, my little craft queen is in school. She will have the chance to pass cards out to all her class mates. Noah for some reason never wants to do it! We bought cute Star Wars Valentines one year and he refused to pass them out! When he was 3 and we lived in Maryland, I was able to coax him into the v-day spirit, but not now...
Here are a few things we did in Maryland. we had a fun party with all the little kids.


Aren't home made Valentines the bomb? I'm trying to come up with a cute idea for Presley's this year. (I'm totally assuming Noah won't be into it again). Here are some great ideas from a post last year in the katie did journal that I always have in the back of my mind because I loved it so.
Finger puppets!
The previous year was my fave. She first made these cute headbands for her girls.

Then the valentines are felt bracelets:



From mer mag this year (she is on the ball!) Merrilee did these awesome color cards with her son. They kind of remind me of Eric Carle:
So, with that, I've got some more thinking to do. Incorporating candy most likely will be a must for Presley. I'll let you know what we come up with.

1 comment:

grandmatk said...

Soo cute. V-Day just isn't a boys forte.