Sunday, January 23, 2011

Big News

I am telling you, since last February, it has felt like our household has put off lots of r & r time to work together and get things going for Josh's work to get published. We took a big trip to Disney World then buckled down and took a break from any family trip or outing for that matter so that Josh could work towards something huge, graduation this May. Josh had to meet with a committee of professors and present his work before he got the green light for graduation. His meeting was Thursday and the answer was YES! Graduation in May is going to happen! Can you believe it? I get choked up every time Josh and I talk about it. In a couple of weeks Josh's work will be sent in to hopefully get published in a science magazine. He will also be in the process of applying for jobs and possible post docs. His current lab has told him he can stay there as a post doc for as long as he needs. That gives us a little cushion of security. Before I start dreaming of dishwashers and garbage disposals in my future, I am just going to enjoy envisioning this guy in a cap and gown. Cannot wait!

Did I tell you the other big news? Noah lost a third tooth! Here is a blurry, but cute pic of him.
 The crazy thing was that Pres was helping him pull it out. So funny that he trusted her. I actually would too. She has such a gentleness about her. Maybe we have a future, doctor, nurse, or dentist on our hands?

I have to post also about my fabulous birthday. Last weekend my friend, Lindsey arranged a big celebration at a local Mexican restaurant in my honor. It was such a fun girl's night. There is Lindsey to my left.

I blew a candle out of a virgin strawberry dacquiri

These are my mom friends from Noah and Pres' school. We endure hours of cool temps at the park together after school. Love these guys!

5 comments:

allegra said...

congrats on the upcoming graduation!! that is very exciting!! light at the end of the tunnel, horrah:) i remember the feeling. we don't have a disposal or dishwasher at our current residence (well, now we do have a dishwasher that we wheel over and plug in. so nice! but still no disposal.)

i love on the border on harvard square! we'd go there quite often.

SewSara said...

awesome news ... congratulations!!!
your friends look like a lot of fun. nothing better than mexican food and good friends!

grandmatk said...

I just hope he shaves for graduation! Great news for everyone; I'll remind Josh he owes you a lot of appliances.

Wow- 3 teeth for Noah! He is growing up so fast, did the tooth fairy visit?

Annalee said...

Yay for graduation! We are so excited, and proud of Josh. Your a great wife! To sacrifice all those long nights and lonely days while josh is studying! Hope we see you soon! :)

Tom/Tabitha said...

K, this is going to sound silly, but I clicked on "next blog" at the top of my own blog, almost on accident, saw your cute family, and your "Charity Never Faileth" and my jaw kind of dropped... what are the odds? We're LDS too. Anyway, congrats to your family on all the big happenings!