Friday, July 2, 2010

Eight (crazy) Years

Josh and I are celebrating our 8th anniversary. It is actually tomorrow but we went out last night on one fabulous date. My friend, Heather mentioned she had seen She and Him in concert in Chicago last month and I was so excited to hear they were on tour. I checked the Boston dates and it happened to be that they were playing here right around our anniversary. It was so nice to have an anniversary date all planned out a few weeks in advance. Usually both of us are scrambling to figure out what to do. The venue for the show was the House of Blues which happens to be in the Fenway Park region of the city. As we walked past the Big Green Monster, I decided that next year we'll have to do a baseball game for the anniversary. But this year was a night for ME! Thanks hun!
Thanks to our babysitter, Kirsten who watched the kids through the wee hours of the night! She took this pic before we left.

Waiting for the show to start. We missed the first band which I am glad. They back up sang for S & H and were a little too folky for my taste.
We entertained ourselves by snapping iphotos of Zooey look-alikes! There were many more that we didn't catch!
I must say that this is the most comfortable I have ever been at a concert! We sat in cushy chairs with a great view. We didn't have to fight sweaty teenagers to see. It was pleasant. It made me feel old, though. I'm so not hard core! ot only were there Zooey look-alikes, but there were plenty of old folks there. I assume they loved the do-op sound of She and Him. My mom would've liked them for sure!
We could see pretty well from where we were. I was amazed at the talent of that girl! Ukelele, keyboard, tambarine, and the voice. Oh the voice. Props to Rachel Takahashi for introducing my sis to She and Him which of course led to my becoming a fan. I love the power of music. I thoroughly enjoyed myself so much. The very best part was the guy I was sitting next to though! I told Josh how lucky I am that as a silly, mixed up, young 23 year old how on earth did I know to make such a right choice for me in marrying him?? Pure luck and (a little intuition) I tell you! Happy Year 8 Josh. I love you!

3 comments:

denise plant said...

good date!

Linda Marie said...

Come to Utah, and see them again w/ me and Denise on our date!! : )
Can't believe it's been 8 years!! How the time it does FLY.
p.s. You look gorgeous in these pics. Love the red lipstick.

Amberli said...

ooo, i love me some she and him! and i love that house of blues, so great. what a perfect date! glad you had a happy anniversary!