Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Noah's Birthday, number7!

**Edited to add: I forgot to mention that we were originally going to have Noah's birthday the Saturday before, but I saw the weather called for rain. I postponed the party and was kicking myself because Saturday was beautiful. Then when 2 pm (the time the party would've been) rolled around. It was dumping buckets for a straight hour. This is what we got after that!:

Well, I think birthday number 7 was a very happy one. Noah started off with his favorite breakfast of coffee cake and milk. Then we had his good friend over all day to play legos, collect bugs, master the Wii, and have light saber battles. A huge thanks to grandma TK for the red light saber that came just in time for the day! Charlie even got a turn with it. :)

We had a party at a small park by Noah's school that had a soccer field. So many little boys from school and church showed up. I was planning on having Josh be a ref and organize the game, but that wasn't necessary. These boys had their own system and broke into teams and began playing before Josh was even back with the tables!
I don't think Noah will ever have a birthday where he isn't in his swim suit!

Here is Presley's group. They played quietly in a corner of the park the whole time! The little guy in the jean shorts has proposed to Presley and she said yes! I am sensing Pres entering a romance stage in her life!

We had a water balloon fight that lasted two minutes. After Josh and I spent over an hour filling balloons on Saturday. The kids loved it, though. They got to cool off a bit after the soccer. Even though their aim wasn't the best!
Mmmm.

Happy birthday Noah! We're sooo lucky to have such an awesome kid.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Is that an ice cream cake I see!?! Ahhh, memories. You are such a cute mom.

Linda Marie said...

I can't believe he's 7. I remember his literal Birth-Day!! What a ride!! I'm so glad he is healthy and well and amazing, and that you have such a wonderful little family along with him!! : )

Paige said...

Looks like fun. And what beautiful cupcakes!

denise plant said...

So great! I may have to stop reading your posts because even the funny ones leave me teary-eyed! Love that Noah's leading the pack in soccer! Your cupcakes look so yummy! What kind of frosting is that?

AZ Mommy said...

I've come to the conclusion that July babies almost have to be in their swimsuits for their b-days! It's hot!