Monday, July 26, 2010

Camping

For Pioneer Day we thought we'd go out and "rough it" like the pioneers and go camping. By "rough it" I mean drive to a beautiful campground far from city life, have dinner and dessert, take a walk and a swim, and drive home to sleep in our comfy beds. :)
We went with our friends, the Stones. Here is Sam with the boys and Kirsten and Kieran.
No sky scrapers here.
Roasting marshmallows for s'mores.
"Nature boy with Doritos."
A lizard hand off.
Noah found this pretty little guy. I'd never seen a lizard like that.

4 comments:

Jenny at LGN said...

So much fun! I'm jealous - I wish we were there with you guys this weekend!

Guess what?! The girls and I are probably coming to Boston in a couple weeks! I think Christine is going to let us crash her new house, and I have some work to do for a day or two, but we want to see you all lots and lots! Will you be around?

Love you guys!
xx

Kirstin said...

I think our version of "roughing it" just proves our superior intelligence! Thanks for going with us-- we loved it!

denise plant said...

Those trees would make for an interesting photo shoot. I like your way of roughing it! Did you keep the lizard? Joel would have loved it!

allegra said...

i like your version of "roughing it!" my kind of camping!

happy bday to presley! what a cute party it turned out to be.