Monday, March 1, 2010

Love the shout out

On Friday an important person in the Mormon community came to Harvard to speak. Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spent the whole day with Harvard Law students. My good friend Kirsten's husband, Sam is at Harvard Law so they planned to go to the events of the day. I babysat her three kids so they could watch and listen in peace. I joked that I wanted an autograph from Elder Oaks in return for my services. Lo and behold, they came through! Thanks for my new cherished piece of paper Kirstin and Elder Oaks!



In other news...
I entered a few of my photos in a contest for a cute mom website and two of them were chosen. It's nothing big, but a fun little thing. Check it out here.

I used these:


3 comments:

Retro Plants said...

Congrats on the photo nod! yay!
they are very gorgeous Terese!

Dallin H. Oaks. . . he is a sweetie pie!
he talked once in Harrisville and he is just the sweetest man!
what a fun keepsake to have! tee hee!

Whitney said...

that is so awesome you got the note!! is it really from him? it was so incredible to sit and talk with him. what a great guy! that was so sweet of you to watch her boys.

Sara said...

wow -- too cool that you got a note from Elder Oaks!