Friday, March 12, 2010

St. Patty's Collage

If you read my blog via facebook, you miss out on some of my cool blog details. If you are on fb now, click here and add my blog to your google reader. Here is the art project I am highlighting for March. Charlie and I made a shamrock collage out of green magazine clippings. At 20 months he loves gluing things. I let him dip a q-tip in a small pool of glue and show him where to smear it on the paper. Then it's fun for both of us to pick and apply all the green. Ripping the paper gives an added collage effect.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I love that you're posting art projects for kids! My little guy isn't quite old enough for this yet, but I can't wait for him to be into glue and magazine clippings!!

Lauren said...

What a cute project! I will have to try that with my boys for sure. I have a billion magazines lying around and they are constantly ripped anyway (I'm sure you know all about that!) so it would be nice to do something with those ruined pages of my lovely decorating magazines. :) Thanks for the idea!