Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Graduation Day

WE DID IT!!
I need to take you on a little walk down memory lane to appreciate this...
Back in 2007 when we came to Boston to look for housing, this is what I blogged:
then this:
We only had two teeny kids at the time!


 Experiencing Josh's graduation was amazing! We had a super full day. Breakfast in the early morning, then Josh marched with the other phd grads down Oxford St. so cars could honk and congratulate. Then we fought the crowds and walked for miles (yards) around the gate of Harvard Yard, looking for our entrance. We opted not to fight the early crowd for seats to the first event so this was our set up:
 GO PhDs!!!
 We listened to a fabulous student speech (we didn't get Amy Poehler- boo! that was undergrads the previous day) 


Later in the evening was the ceremony at the med school It was much smaller and really special.
My very favorite part was the middle ceremony where the kids walk on stage and got diplomas with Josh. I'll have to post about that later when I get the photos from everyone else. 
We've had quite a journey! Glad it has come to an end, but very grateful for it all. So proud of Josh and US.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh, so cool to see where you started and where you are now. Isn't blogging great?! So happy for your family!!

denise plant said...

I love this post! So telling of how much everyone has grown over the years! I love you all so much! I have been waiting for this post all week!