Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summa Time!

Time for blogging has been pretty non existent since the kids have been out of school. I accidentally took a little cat nap after dinner tonight so now I'm wired and ready to blog! So far summer vacation has been a juggling act. Running errands with three kiddos in tow, keeping the tv off, and getting ouside the second the weather looks good. The only scheduled item is swim lessons daily at 4:30 which is pretty hard to get to when you want to go with the flow all day. Josh and I decided this is the year Noah and Presley will become swimmers. Our deadline for learning to swim is our trip to Utah this summer. 

We have hit the outdoor pool, some parks, the library, and the backyard so far. One thrilling outing we recently went on was a gem of Massachustts in my mind. We went to deCordova, a sculture garden and museum that blew me away!
The outing was also a farewell hang out with some good buddies who are moving to western Mass. This little guy has been Charlie's comrade all year. Their birthdays are a day apart. His mom and I swapped babysitting on Thursdays and Fridays.

I also mentioned on facebook that I finished my photo book. This has been a project on my mind for a while. With everything else I was busy doing it kept getting put on the back burner. I am so so glad I got it finished. It is over 100 pages covering our time in Boston and a few shots from Maryland. It turned out beautifully. I used Blurb and it was so easy and quick.

front cover

back


Other than that, I already managed to get poison ivy somehow and I have been back on the running wagon, listening to a lot of old Offspring, who knew!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So fun! You are such a summer girl so I am glad you are getting all this outside time.

Bummer about the poison ivy! I got stung by a bee at the beach two days ago--those are the downsides of good weather! But at least I didn't have to wear an eyepatch this time...