Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Events

Our Easter began with a week off from school...
 These guys slept in every single day! Charlie had the BEST bed head.

We had an egg hunt with friends in a cool park along the Charles River
 

 We saw "HOP" and got pizza with buddies, went to the Museum of Fine Arts for some Dale Chihuly and kids' art projects, hit up the golden arches (yes McDonalds!) for some playland action on a rainy day, celebrated Josh's birthday by seeing "Rio" and some other stuff that I got pictures of (note: I think this was almost enough to keep the kids from getting bored and getting in the whiny "I don't know what to do" voice) : 
Egg dyeing! Sorry for the blur...my quick camera draw makes me forget to check my settings sometimes. 
 We tried the marble eggs this year. So oily and messy. Next time I'll wait till Josh is home to help with mess control! Some of them turned out real pretty.

 Charlie kept plopping egg after egg into the same green container! He was thrilled! noah and Pres had precise plans for each egg. in the end we dumped all the colors in one bucket to see what kind of egg we'd get. They were funny cause they were so anxious to eat their eggs! I guess I need to hard boil eggs more often.

I wanted to teach the kids about the real reason we celebrate Easter (in a fun way that might stick) and found a great idea online. It was a cookie recipe where the ingredients signify different events leading up to the resurrection. Some of the things were cheesy and Josh and I snickered a bit :) but it was fun and the kids remembered a few things.
Our cookies were supposed to be fluffy and pretty, but they were flat!

I didn't get many pics of Easter morning. Our egg hunt required lots of parental involvement. We had a scavenger hunt with clues in the eggs which led the kids to their baskets. The "Easter Bunny" thought it would be helpful to get the kids to work as a team instead of competing. Noah is so competitive and loves to blow Presley out of the water. Then Presley usually will cry--no fun. the scavenger hunt helped, but Charlie kind of wanted to commandeer the whole thing. He'd yank the clues out of our hands to "read" them first. So funny.
Our Lovlies. Yay for pictures Noah, right?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Even though I haven't spent a lot of time with your kids, I totally feel like I know them from the faces in all the pics! That Easter picture perfectly shows all 3. Love it!

DW said...

Great photographic skills!

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.