Saturday, April 16, 2011

April Haps

Presley and I made these little bird's nests together. If she has a bad day, I love that projects are the main thing that cheers her up. We decided to bring them to hers and Noah's class the next day. I read a "hurray for spring" type book when I brought them in. I love peeking in at their class life.

They are chow mein noodles, melted chocolate chips and Robin's Eggs. Cadbury Eggs would've been good, but they were all out.

THEN, we helped out with a bake sale at the school. I sort of volunteered the women at church to bake ALL the goodies. I knew they'd be excited to help. Sure enough, I had over ten volunteers, baking multiple varieties of beautiful treats. They ranged from vegan, to cholesteral-free, to gluten-free, to over the top candy-filled. I was so excited to show off the goods. We wound up making a good chunk of money on the baked goods alone (we sold pizza too). So exciting.
Here they are filling my car:
Oh, what's that? That doesn't look like my car, you say?
Well that's because it's our new car! I'm thinking of it as MY graduation present. :) It's a Chevy Traverse with all my criteria: fits my kids and friends, fuel efficient, sun roof(s). I am a happy camper and can now handle hand washing dishes and laundromats for another year.

 AND THEN... Hannah, my intern had her portfolio show down town. Presley, Charlie, and I took the train to visit and loved her colorful display. She did a fabulous job. Isn't she cute?
Presley's little mug was peppered throughout Hannah's display (see pink frame). She is such a cooperative little model.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats on your new car! You totally deserve a graduation present too. Also, Hannah kind of looks like you! I bet you were the best mentor ever.