Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boston LDS Temple

Yesterday was a beautiful day. We got the chance to go to the temple with the kids from our church and help plant some flowers. I totally thought they were going to only let the kids do a tiny bit of work, but they were actually able to dive right in and plant tons of pansies. 
 In Boston, like a lot of other cities, you can see the temple from the freeway. When I tell people I go to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (I'm Mormon or "LDS" for short), they ask me if I go to church in that building off the freeway. The temple is where we get married and do other things relating to family history which we hold sacred. So we don't go there for church every Sunday. You can read more about it here if you are curious.
Josh and I got married at a temple in Utah. We tell the kids, "that is where our family began" so you can say it's a place we hold dear to our hearts :).

 Noah is right at home in the dirt! He was struggling cause he had a runny nose and kept needing a tissue, but his hands were all muddy. Poor guy!
 So awesome that Josh got to be there. He actually gets holidays off now that he is a working man! (In Boston we celebrate Patriot's Day on April 18th-also the day of the Boston Marathon)

Presley must have planted over 15 flowers. It was nice that she could really get into it!
  Here is our group of little workers. (I think one of my three kids is looking at the camera, classic)

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

What a fun way to spend Patriot's Day!