Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Pride and Joy

Some time in May Noah's teacher told me that Noah had gotten pretty social in his class. He had finally warmed up to a group of boys who loved to be silly. It turned out to be a blessing and a curse because these boys liked to goof off when the teacher was talking (been there!--definitely Josh too!!). I was thrilled, though that Noah seemed to be happier and feel more comfortable. We had a talk with him about when to be silly and when to focus and kept giving him little reminders. Somehow a little fire lit inside him and he became determined not only to do better, but to win the Student of the Month award, the "Baldwin Scholar". His teacher started telling me that Noah would catch himself wanting to be silly then redirect his attention to his work. He specifically told her, "wow, I get a lot done when I focus!" She loved that! :) Then in Student Teacher Conferences she said that he had made a big improvement and it was so neat to see. Self control is such a hard thing for these little guys. I am the most proud that Noah could change gears when he knew he wanted to be silly. I need to work on that with things in MY life. He set a goal for himself and accomplished it. I'm beaming!

Noah with his wonderful teacher Mrs. McLean. I can't believe how much he learned this year!
*I have to add that Noah was a tad disappointed that this certificate had no monetary value!!

This is at a family breakfast in his class. We came in to find that Noah made a place mat and card thanking me for helping out in his class. Then he was our waiter, serving us breakfast. It was so sweet.

This little girl Alena wanted to get her picture taken with Noah. Noah is like, "I guess."

Popsicle, cupcake and juice party to celebrate summer birthdays! Nice sticky combo for the muggy, hot day! I just wanted to rinse in a cool pond after that. Look how cute his classmates are.

4 comments:

allegra said...

that is SOO great!! i can imagine how proud you must be. what a guy! i love reading about your kids--it makes me excited for my kids to get older and learn new things, instead of whining how fast they're growing up (like i usually do.) i have to remind myself that definitely each stage is so fun, and i can imagine how much max will love school when he gets to that point.

way to go noah!

michelle said...

Darling post. I can't comprehend my little ones in school but I'm so excited for stuff like this. That Noah is going to do amazing things, just like his parents.

And that picture of the class eating popsicles! Priceless.

denise plant said...

This post made me cry! I am so proud of Noah! What a wonderful little guy you have! That little girl seems to think so too!

Annalee said...

wow, that is amazing. I am so proud!! You are such a great mother! :)