Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Eventful Week

We are still counting down the days till Noah's out of school. Can you believe it? June is almost over! This Wednesday summer will officially begin in the Plant house. Until then, we are definitely keeping busy.

Our neighborhood has come alive with the warmer weather. All the neighbors seem to come out of hibernation. I have met so many little kids who were born either the same day as Charlie or a day or two apart from him. It's so fun for him to have all these little peers.
World Cup mania has hit Cambridge in full force! Now that we don't have the Celtics to cheer for it's GO USA!! Noah is totally into it. Presley can hold her own too.
One of my favorite things to do here on the east coast is go berry picking. Although once I get there and see how much work it takes to fill those little baskets, I start to second guess myself! I really like to have the kids see where food comes from and how amazing plants are. After spending so much time in the city, it's heaven to see fields and fields of green.
At first Charlie was totally bugged that he couldn't just run all over tarnation. Then he got the hang of picking (and eating) and he was set!

Charlie and the ladies.
Presley was a champion picker. I was wary to give her a basket after she accidentally dumped half my pickings, but she totally came through. I was so relieved. I didn't want to fill that basket myself. :)
Pres and her amiga, Ella.

On Friday Noah's school had field day which was like a carnival all over the school grounds. I went to help herd the kids around and had a blast. Our first station was the dunk tank. Out of all the first graders (and parents) Noah and two other kids were the only ones able to hit the bull's eye! I was so stoked. We were all screaming and cheering. I totally said, "that's my boy!"

THere was a Capture the Flag station and guess who captured the flag? Noah! Seriously, if this kid had a fan club, I would be the president! He thrives in sports and competition. It all just makes him so happy.
If you're ever wondering at what age do kids go crazy with the bunny ears for pictures, the answer is six! Bunny ear circle!!
Here are some of Noah's good buddies from class.

4 comments:

SewSara said...

i just love the colors in your photos. you have been BUSY!

come visit xanga! :)

Heather said...

Berry picking looks so fun! I love that Noah has a great arm like you.

allegra said...

i never went berry picking while living out there... i wish i would have. it looks fun! i love that noah is a little sports superstar and love more that you shouted out "that's my kid!" haha. 'cause that's totally something i would do:) what a stud.

denise plant said...

hilarious! i'm so glad you captured everything you told me about! love that noah sticks out his tongue when he concentrates!