Friday, April 9, 2010

Beach Day

It was like summer on Wednesday here. 92 degrees actually. Charlie, Pres and I decided it was time to hit the beach. I'm so glad we did because ever since then, it's been cold and gloomy. I'm so grateful for our fluke day! My only regret was not pulling Noah out of school to chill with us!

I grew up going to the beach all the time and my mom always made a fun event of it. I try to mimic that and make sandwiches out of yummy bread and bring fun drinks. I want my kids to adore the beach like their momma!
The airport is right on the coast so lots of the beaches showcase the airplanes landing and taking off. My friend, Kate has the most amazing photo of a plane above her families' heads at the beach blown up in her living room.

4 comments:

allegra said...

wow! 92 degrees?! i'm so glad you took advantage of it!! i love vintage looking beach pictures, and yours are always so pretty looking. charlie is getting sooo big! i can't believe it...

Retro Plants said...

hasn't the weather been just FANTASTIC!
how fun to go to the beach!
summer can't come soon enough for me. . . can't wait for the days of NON-stop sunshine!

he he he. . .
did you know it has been snowing in Utah?
they had a BLIZZARD on Monday!
my dad said he shoveled a good 8 inches off their drive! tee hee!
the ONE time i am *very* happy to live in Buffalo! ;)

Lauren said...

92 degrees, are you kidding me?! Its been hailing & snowing here! I am so jealous. And, loving your photos! I always do, but lately they just have this "look" I am adoring. :)

Clair said...

You are so lucky to live near a beach! What a fun tradition you are making for your family!