Friday, January 30, 2009

End of the week update

Here is a little something to make you smile:



Noah's pictures crack me up. Love these kids.



I am still working on all the tricks of the Mac world. I have also entered the wonderful world of Google. Now a gmail user (take note if you email me- same beginning with gmail in the end instead of hotmail:) using Google Reader- more often, and finding all the shortcuts to photo uploading in photobucket and flickr. Now I'm working on photo editing in photoshop vs. iphoto. When I save stuff in photoshop it is only showing up in my modified folder. If anyone knows what I can do about it, let me know.

On the kid front, I have been running around all week to various activities, trying to keep PK entertained. If we don't get out, the tv becomes too tempting. Today playgroup is meeting at the Children's Museum, but Charlie has been Mr. Congestion for the past week and I think it may be too hefty of an outing for a sickie. Speaking of baby congestion... So I have done everything I can think of for the kid; Vapo Rub on the feet and chest, humidifier full blast in the room, bulb syringe usage-hate that, lots of nursing, lots of naps in the upright position...Am I missing anything? Babies with stuffed noses are so miserable. I want the old Charlie back.

Aside from sickness I have had many things make me smile.
  1. Noah singing along to an old English Beat Song
  2. Presley's hair is growing in CURLY, my dream come true.
  3. Charlie will look at the light when you ask him where the light is.
  4. spying on Josh, building towers with Noah.
  5. Having the missionaries drop in to say hi and being able to feed them a yummy meal on the fly.
  6. eating vanilla ice cream with raspberry jam.
  7. laundry being done for the weekend.
  8. the weekend.
  9. a sincere compliment from a friend.
  10. A ballet class for Presley that she is so excited about. I can't wait to take pictures of that!
  11. Noah's teacher at church said he was very helpful and a treat to have in class.

Presley at Open Gym at the local Gymnastics Place.

At his 6 mos. appointment a couple weeks ago, the doc told me to start giving Charlie sippy cups and no bottles. Charlie just thinks it's a new, fun toy. He was kicking his little legs with glee.

PK always wants Charlie on her lap. So funny because he's almost as big as her these days. Noah's really into his Lego Star Wars game here. 
I dressed Charleston as a Michigan ski lift operator "a lifty" for a photo shoot. **Note: lifty attire can also double as "free loader" costume or one who is headed to a Grateful Dead Concert. He sat still if I let him chew on a pacifier.

5 comments:

Paige said...

That school picture of Noah cracks me up. That is so the Noah I know from Primary: a fun little guy. And Presley's ballet class photos! I am so excited!

Whitney said...

i love the picture of noah! hilarious, and i love his little jacket. the pictures with you and charlie are so precious. love them. and PK's hair getting curly! total dream come true. if we have any little girls i am hoping the same happens! she is such a pretty girl!

bhamchick said...

Still cracking up at Noah's picture...what a cutie!

anna said...

your kids are so cute! and that class picture is awesome. I am sure you were very proud parents :)

Oh January sickness - I hate the month of January because it always meant colds in Boston. Here is what our pediatrician told us to do:
turn your shower on full blast and go sit in the steam with your snotty babe. Do that every night. It is a much more intense amount of steam and heat than the humidifier. It seemed to work pretty well. Oh, and saline nose drops, but you might have already said that. Good luck.

I love seeing all your pictures - you are so talented.

Lynn said...

what a perfect kindergarten picture!