Thursday, January 15, 2009

Randomness

I just got back from IKEA and I purchased this:

nothing else.
That was my promise to Josh since he hates IKEA so much because everything falls apart. Charlie just needs a place to be put while we are eating dinner. Might as well have him join us! Now that he sits up, this whole new world is opening up to him. Sitting up in the shopping cart, in the tub, and now in a high chair! What an adventure.
I haven't been in bigtime blog mode lately because I have been dealing with this big decision Josh and I made to pull Presley out of her "amazing" daily Montesorri preschool. I am now doing Joy School with her like I did for Noah and the Plant home is much happier:). Tough decision, though. The schedule mainly was the deciding factor. Too early, too often. I didn't love PK's teachers and the program wasn't as awesome as I was expecting. Also Pres seemed a ;little intimidated over there. She was so shy with her teacher. It just didn't seem fun for her. She's only 3, she deserves a little fun at school right? Anyway the decision's made and her new situation makes us happy. Yay!
P.S. Are you as excited as I am to hear from Nie Nie tomorrow?

3 comments:

Tami said...

Joseph HATES Ikea too! I'm glad you're happier with Presley's new school. Yes, children should be happy. I get so frustrated with everyone expecting kids to grow up without any childhood.

Lynn said...

I second Tami's thoughts on school and kids being happy. Especially during the non-compulsory years. I'm kinda anti-preschool for my own kids. Or actually I'm just anti-schedule.

Petertammenson said...

Okay, I am so glad that someone else's spouse hates IKEA, since all my girlfriends love it. Luke calls it euro-trash, and he absolutely refuses to go there.