Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer Trip Part 4: Santa Monica & Palmdale

After Valencia, Denise and I drove down to Santa Monica to meet with our other sister, Sue and her kids (minus one who is on a mission). This was Denise's kids' first time at the ocean. Joel was so into the sea creatures!! Here he is with Susie:
It had been over six years since we had last seen these guys. They were in elementary school when we saw them before! Now Tyler is going to leave for his mission to the Philippines in October and Bri is in High School! They are like rock stars to our kids.

Charlie and I in front of the Santa Monica Pier. I grew up going to this place with my mom and our family and friends. So many happy memories here. This is where my love for California began!
We were so glad to share it with our kiddos.
Denise's little Anora was quite the surfer girl. More on that to come...:)

In a few years we will have our own little high schoolers!
We got to meet my niece Jen's cute little family for the first time. She's got an 18 month old and one on the way. Her husband Ben is a corrections officer keeping the peace in Cali! Check out their photo session here.

 My sister, Susie was always the best at french braids! When I was little, she would braid my hair at night and I would lay so still hoping not to mess it up for school the next day.

 Brianna has mad skills when it comes to manies and pedies.

 Presley and Anora tag team wrestled Tyler. I think to them, he was Prince Charming!

For fun, Brianna gave PK and AJ miss america make overs! 
 We love our California family!!! I'm so so glad we got the chance to get together. It was such a great experience to have our kids meet such amazing family members. All through college, Denise and I were able to visit for Thanksgiving and watch these guys grow up. We are so proud of them!
L to R: Brianna, Jen, Denise, Tyler, Greg, and Blaine
 L to R: me, Susan, Charlie, Blaine (BYU Idaho student body prez!!-had to brag), Brianna, Tyler, Denise, and Jack. **Doesn't Susie look WAY too young to a) be a grandma and b) have kids in their 20's?? I hope I inherit that gene.

No comments: