Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apples of my Eye

Charlie and I met up with our weekly play group to go apple picking recently. This is one of the many New England traditions that I have really grown fond of. This year, Charlie and I had so much fun. We have gotten into our own little system together that is working for us. We are total buds.
Being at the orchard, though really made me miss this little Miss.
...and this little dude. 

 I realized that while I've been in Boston, I've watched my kids grow up. These are the best memories of my life. I am (need to be) determined to live it to the fullest. Ten years from now I am going to laugh at the memory of my 32 year old self. Why did I sweat the small stuff like dishes, the ant trail that's formed under the dining room table, the endless loads of laundry that can't seem to stay folded... Sometimes you just need to ignore it and watch the end of Star Wars: A New Hope with a little buddy. These days won't last forever. Sniff.

When Charlie says "cheese" it looks like he's snarling at the camera!
I have to admit, we associate with some cute people too. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your fall posts always make me miss the East Coast. I just love the apple picking, fall leaves, and crisp air. Just be sure to post about winter so I can feel better...