Sunday, May 8, 2011

spoil me why don't you?

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I can't help but think of all the women in my life (mother's and non mother's) who influence me for the good and inspire me to be a better person. Thank you, thank you.

Wanna see what Josh got me for Mother's Day?
I had been wanting an ipod to exercise with for a few months now. I ran with it this week and had a blast. Josh was cute to get it inscribed for me. Mom, Wife, Artist, Teacher. He seems to think I'm something special ;).

One of the highlights of our week was a special family home evening that we had with our neighbors on Monday. We strung a string all throughout our house and the kids had to follow the string from beginning to end to find the treasure (ice cream sundae fixings with all kinds of candy and ice cream!) in our neighbor's kitchen. The string was supposed to represent the iron rod or the gospel and following it will lead to great rewards. It was slightly hazardous and we did almost break a lamp or two, but we had fun!
So our week was pretty crazy. On Tuesday afternoon Josh had a big project come into work that had him staying till past midnight a couple of nights and till 10 pm on a third night. 
I was on single parent duty running the kids to their activities and keeping things fun on the home front.
Here we are at this awesome building at MIT where Noah has swim lessons for scouts. I was floored that Noah gets to do this for dirt cheep in such a cool place. I am addicted to my camera phone these days!
I'm so glad it's warming up. This was fun. Pizza subs for the kids and philly cheese steak for me. 

When Friday rolled around, Josh wanted to get the heck out of town and as far away from work as possible. I didn't blame him. 
I'll give you a hint to where we went.
It was beautiful there. Everything I always pictured (including lots of old Volvos!)
First stop was Sharon, VT for a church history lesson. We visited the birthplace of Joseph Smith who was the first president of our church. It was amazing to re-learn about the story of his life.
Then we headed to the Benny and Jerry's Factory for a tour and some delicious ice cream! They had a dish of ice cream there called the "Vermonster" which had all the flavors and costed $44. It was meant to feed eight. We opted out of that one. 
Also this week we got Josh's thesis printed. We had to drop off copies all over campus to seal the deal on graduation. Such a good feeling to get that out of the way.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

that looks like an interesting book there. i'm sure i would understand about one sentance of it!

ps- i have been listening to your playlist all morning!

denise plant said...

So many awesome things! I love your family! Super congrats to Josh!