Sunday, October 24, 2010

Art and Pumpkins

I'm in charge of an outing group at church and for October we decided to go to the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art) in Boston. Josh and I hadn't been since we were engaged. It was a thrill for me to get so inspired and to talk to my kids about the art. Last minute I started to panic that I had just invited a group of families to go see art that might have inappropriate images for children. Luckily there was nothing of the sort and the kids were just fascinated by all the creativity. Lots of work that provoked questions like, "how did they do that?" or "what is that for?" or "can we watch that clip again?" We took the train then a bus and that was the highlight of Charlie's week. He woke up the next morning saying, "bus,train,bus,train" over and over again.


I LOVE this pic of Noah (my little work of art)

I promise one of these days I'll get a picture of Noah making a normal face. Everyone's a comedian in this house!

Since Josh had gotten back in town, he was dying for a night in with the kids. We did the city slicker version of going to the pumpkin patch. We loaded up the neighborhood wagon with kids and blankets, then walked a few blocks to the grocery store. We brought the wagon in and all and loaded up the pumpkins!

4 comments:

allegra said...

cute!! i love the fourth picture. your kids are so cute and hilarious.

i also love the first photo. not only is it a great picture quality wise, but it makes me miss boston!

Linda Marie said...

Of course the artist/art teacher has the coolest pumkins EVER!!!

Heather said...

Can you come to California and carve my pumpkin? I'm so never showing Ella your blog. :)

Kate said...

Love the one of all 3 kids, it looks like an album cover. You should start a band.