Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Charlie's big day

Both Noah and Charlie's birthdays land on a Sunday this year. Noah's is this Sunday and Charlie's was last Sunday. It is kind of a bummer when you are out all day the Saturday before celebrating the fourth and forget to run to the store to get stuff for a cake on Sunday! I had a ll the ingredients for an angel food cake with whipped cream, mixed berry topping. It was a hit with Charlie! We also had to use a tea light for his candle. We kept it low key because we are planning on celebrating on a more grand scale while we are in Utah surrounded by little cousins.


Josh had the iphone while I was holding the cake.
Charlie wasn't shy, he just dove right in.



A little about Charlie:
  • He is a climber! Climbing on chairs, beds, stairs, people. He is getting lots of bruises from bonking his head all the time! Just before these photos he was climbing on me and bonked his head on our vicious, textured wall behind me.
  • He is pointing and clapping now. He points to things he wants, things that are exciting, and people he recognizes. It is so cute. On Sunday at church, he crawled a few rows ahead of us, then turned around and pointed at Josh with a giant grin.
  • He loves music and dancing. If I am holding him while music is playing he now expects me to be his dance partner and spin him and sway. He giggles every time. He does the head bob to the beat and claps or drums on things.
  • He is still so chunky and squishy! I love to squeeze him. NO idea how much he weighs at this point, but I know it is a back breaking number.
  • He has such a sense of adventure. I can just tell he is full of wonder and imagination. He makes our family complete.

2 comments:

Retro Plants said...

what a *cute* birthday boy!
he sure liked that cake! :)
Kendy HATED it! she put her hands in once and then screamed to have it all washed off. . . maybe it's a girl versus boy thing? or maybe my kids are just persnickity! :)

have fun in Utah. . . think of us :)

Sarah and David said...

I can't belive that your baby is 1??? That is so crazy. It seems like I was just looking at his first baby pictures the other day! Amazing how time goes by so fast sometimes.... and really slow other times... like when you're living in Oklahoma. ha ha ha