Thursday, March 5, 2009

8 Months Old

Gosh darn it. I was hoping we could figure out a way to get time to stop by now! Charlie is still growing at the speed of light. It seems like each morning I wake up, he has a new tooth (he's got six now for those keeping a tally). He can only wear outfits twice and then he has out grown it by the time it makes the laundry cycle and back out to him. He has completely out grown his car seat. We had to get a new rear facing, non-carrier one that a adjusts to forward facing when the time comes. It's exciting to see all this growth and development, but at the same time, a little sad. It seems like yesterday I was feeling "indigestion" on the fourth of July.




You can only see his top teeth when he's laying down. I love it when he gets a big grin while I change his diaper. All those staggered pearly whites!




Charlie is now doing the army crawl. He looks like an injured soldier, dragging his lame legs! It's cute to see that look of determination. This is a first for us. Noah and Presley were late crawlers. I have to do a new round of baby proofing. Paper is Charlie's biggest weakness. I have to remember not to grab a program at church because I have to take it away from him and cause a big crying fit (how's that for a run on sentence?). Because I am always fishing paper peices out of his mouth, Charlie is awesome at closing his lips super tight. It's like a steel door when he knows I want to get that paper out!
March is a busy month for us. I am determined to get all our doc/dentist appointments scheduled. Talk about a pain. Every dentist that takes our insurance is not taking new patients. Josh is convinced that one of his back teeth are hollow!! The last time either of us has been to the dentist was at least 3 years ago.
Also next week I am going with Noah's class on a field trip to the Children's Museum. I am so excited for the kids for this. They will all be getting to ride a bus (which they love) and Presley will get to spend the day w/ Noah's teachers who spoil her to bits. TTFN!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

i really can't say it enough. i love your style of photography! and charlie is so handsome and cute, such a happy baby. you do a great job of capturing the happy moments! and the tears..that was so precious with presley- girls just need sugar when they are having a hard time! ;)

allegra said...

oh poor presley! reading about her hard day got me a little sad.

these pictures of charlie rock! i too am a fan of your photography, but of course you know that!:) one of these days you need to give me all your secrets.

allegra said...

p.s. baby teeth sure are cute, but don't they look so painful at the same time!? gosh, i feel bad for the little guy. nothing like sharp razors cutting through fresh flesh. no wonder they're a little fussy during that time. if it were me i'd be a lot more than a little fussy.

cute, cute charlie.