Saturday, February 14, 2009

Week in Pictures

So much went on this week. Sorry this post is going to be information overload. The two cutest things this week were watching Noah and Presley perform in separate events. Noah in his school's winter concert and Presley in her ballet class.
First, here's Noah:

There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on cultural awareness. The kids sang this beautiful song about Peace in different languages (I'm sure it was a reflection of the Political views of out beloved Cambridge!) also this song about Martin Luther King that made the tears just stream for me! It went, "Just for you Dr. King, we will let our voices sing..." I need to wake up Noah to ask him what the rest of the lyrics are. They are so sweet.


Next up was Joy School at my house. We went on a nature walk to observe and collect scientific data (pick up sticks and refer to them as "treasures") and we mixed colors with jello then with paints.



Here is Presley at her dance class. I was GUSHING. It was one of those moments where I knew we did something right for Presley by sending her to this class. I could tell she was having the time of her life. She watched the teacher so intently and mimicked the movements pretty well. Look how cute:





Then Friday we had a Valentine's Day party here. I didn't know how many people to expect and it turned out to be a full house. It worked out well and the kids had lots of fun. I made cupcakes and heart-shaped pizzas--got that idea from Darby. People brought other yummy things. I have decided I like Valentine's Day so much better as a kid holiday than as a romantic thing. It's a fun, simple little holiday. I love the idea of making little cards and passing them out.






All in all I had a happy Valentine's Day. Josh took the kids so I could clean the house from top to bottom. We were showing it to future Harvard Students. It is so wonderful to have every nook and cranny cleaned! I get sick of looking at the same crumbs in the cracks in the floor. Another wonderful V-day treat was that Josh picked me up a sweet double jogging stroller. I think he felt bad for me because I was jogging the kids around in our bulky, clunky, regular stroller. It would start out as walks and then I thought, "I should take this opportunity to get in shape," so I'd start jogging, but I would be in jeans and regular shoes. I decided that a person running in normal clothes instead of workout clothes looks like a person in peril rather than someone who is a sophisticated exerciser. Thanks to Josh, I now fit in the latter category. Real jogging stroller and now I do wear work out clothes. It's a must!

Pardon the geekiness!I promise someday I'll have a cool picture of me on here. Oh, man, is that possibe?

8 comments:

denise plant said...

Oh please! You never look geeky, don't you have any ugly clothes? I love the dance pictures and the concert pictures. Your party looks so fun! I'm so glad you're taking pictures so I feel like I'm not missing anything! I'll try to do better on my end.

Sara said...

What a great update! I agree that Valentine's Day is more fun when it's about the kids. Sure, it's nice to have some sweet gestures from the hubby, too, but that's just a bonus.
yay for the stroller! what kind/model is it? You'll have to let me know how you like it. I really want one (still).

Jenny at LGN said...

I loved this post!! Such a fun week!
I'm so jealous of your double jogger!! We should go running together now. I love the 'regular clothes, regular stroller = peril' comment. I was rolling! Hilarious.
Miss you guys. Let's hang out soon.
J

Annalee said...

oh so cute. It looked like noah was really doing a great job following the songs. Presley looks adorable!! You had so many kids at the V-day party.... whoa! Impressive!
How fun, a Jogging stroller! wowee!

Terese said...

Sara- I think it is a Target brand called Baby Trend. So far so good. I love how it drives so easily over the bumpy brick paths and snow patches. It doesn't have a pivoting front wheel and I can see where that would be very handy, but it would've been much more expensive. I love it, though. Craigslist hasn't let me down yet!

Whitney said...

i loved all these pictures! the ones of presley dancing made me remember the times when dancing was so fun and free and you never had to feel geeky! your party looked like a blast! i loved little claire's slobbery sweetness!

Darby said...

The kids are growing up so fast! Cute Valentine's Day party. I miss those things. I was just thinking about the St. Patty's Day Pancake party that we had. I want to do it again but Will's birthday is the next day and I haven't planned a party for him so I'm feeling like I should do that. What a cute party you had and I agree, Valentine's is so much fun with the kids!

Lynn said...

I had a gushing moment myself this week when Avery started ballet. Part of me would like to take the time during her class to workout but I just can't tear myself away.

And I wear workout clothes 24/7 (really , i sleep in them too)- maybe it's because i don't want to look like a 'person in peril' when i get a spare second to exercise :)