Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prima Ballerina

Introducing Presley! The princess ballerina. Here she is in her ballet clothes right before class last week. I didn't get to go watch her because my neighbor and I are taking turns carpooling the girls over. My week is this week so I can't wait to see what it's like. According to Jenny, Presley was a very attentive ballet student and was paying very close attention to every move the teacher made. When she came home, Presley was so excited. She showed me all her moves, floating back and forth around the room. 


Check out those twinkle toes. I don't think I've ever seen baggy ballet shoes until now! Target had 3 sizes for all young girls; small, medium, and large. I couldn't get the smalls on PK so we went the next size up which is probably a size and a half too big. Oh well, she feels like a princess, that's all I could ask for. 


Today was my first day teaching Presley's Joy School class. I'm a little rusty, but the kids kept encouraging me saying, "this is fun!" We are preparing for the big Valentine's Day Party on Friday. We are making heart-shaped pizzas and cupcakes with sprinkles. I think Presley had cupcakes on the brain because she was busy working on this drawing of a cupcake. 

She even wrote out the word on the bottom. The letters don't have to be in order do they?

She was a good noticer today too! We are learning about observing and went on a nature walk to collect treasures. It was heaven for her and her little buddies to be able to dilly dally around instead of rush a walk. 
As for the boys of the house, Charlie is letting me use the computer less and less. He is always grabbing for wires and pounding on keys. He's not nursing peacefully for long periods of time anymore. He's now a nursing snacker and is much more interested in finding the source of every little noise he hears.
Noah went on a field trip today to the great Boston Museum of Science. It was his first trip on a school bus. He was so thrilled he even remembered the bus driver's name! That's huge! He was real interested in bugs from this trip. Josh's love for science began with bugs. Noah mentioned he was grateful for bugs in his prayer last night. So cute.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

that is so cute noah was thankful for bugs in his prayer! just a good reminder to be thankful for the small and simple things.

presley looked so cute in her ballerina outfit! you are such a good mom, you keep them so active in all kinds of things! i am very impressed with you hopefully someday i can be the same way!

denise plant said...

Noah is so cute! Presley's writing skills are incredible! I LOVE her cupcake! Charlie is so funny I had to laugh again at the pic in the previous post. He' so scrumptious!

Annalee said...

thats adorable... "cupcake" It's an awakener when your here certain things kids say, "I;m grateful for bugs".... How I forget about the simple things.
(even though I don't think I have ever been grateful for bugs)

allegra said...

oh, how cute! your kids have such cute personalities Terese. i can't wait until Max is old enough to say what he is thankful for in prayers. maybe he is, he just never says it:) You are such a good little mommy! all that you do and keep up with 3 kids is really quite admirable.

I love Charlie's 6 month pictures. very very cute

Rylie said...

We just wanted you guys to know that we named our daughter after yours. We loved the name Preslie from the moment we heard Noah say it in our class.

Lynn said...

'good noticer' - i love that.

a way around the baggy target ballet slippers - order their leather ones online. avery had to have white ones and taht's where i found the best deal. i ordered 4 different sizes so we could try them on AND so I would qualify for free shipping. then i returned the ones that didn't fit.