Sunday, February 22, 2009

In a Nutshell

Once my kids are in bed and down for the night, I am always flooded with a feeling of appreciation for them. Right now Josh and I are listening to Noah and Presley chatting in their room as they try to fall asleep. Presley just said, "I love you, Noah." SO cute. She is real into saying I love your shoes, I love this and that. Very endearing.

Earlier today, I was getting lunch ready and Noah yelled from the dining room, "Mom, check out how far I can stretch Charlie's legs without him crying!" I run in there to see Noah trying to force Charlie into the splits! Charlie just adores his big bro, though. Noah pretends to body slam him and he just cackles his little head off. Charlie does anything he can to strain to see whatever wild and crazy thing Noah is doing. He knows that whatever it is, it's some funny stuff.

The other day I gave PK and Charlie a bath and realized I could actually let Charlie stay in there and play for awhile. He was loving it and has since found the joy of splashing. When he got out, he had the worst case of raisin toes!



Saturday we went on a walk to Harvard Square and got some dinner. It was one of those glowing, sunny afternoons. We watched the ice skaters at the Charles Hotel and talked about the idea of Josh playing intramural rugby. It might not be footballish enough though. Darn. Love those little shorts.

Charlie workin' his FUBU coat thingy! Keeping nice and cozy.
Then Josh at the Memorial Theater in Harvard.

At the square, Josh was asked to give a quick little interview, polling peoples' opinions on the stimulus package and how gas should be taxed.

Good weekend.
I spoke in church and talked about finance. I'm glad it's over. Now I am looking forward to sending Noah back to school this week. He is excited to see all his homies.

10 comments:

allegra said...

you did a GREAT job on your talk. i just had to say that. really nicely done. i'm always so nervous when i'm speaking in sacrament, and my voice starts cracking, but you did amazing.

i love the tubbie picture and seeing how much your kids love each other..it's really endearing.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Terese your pictures are magazine quality! I'm always amazed when I see what new things you've been sharing. It's awesome!

Annalee said...

what a fun time. What was Josh's response? I love the pictures!

Whitney said...

you did a super job yesterday! sacrament was so good yesterday it prompted josh and i to do a fhe on food storage and our finances! ;)

it is amazing to me how much presely and charlie look alike, such a cute pic of them in the tub. looks like a fun weekend!

denise plant said...

I love the photos. It seems like you captured a glimpse of spring in them! Hooray! How cute that your kids are loving each other (and showing it). They are all going to be buddies forever, I know it!

Rylie said...

You may not remember us, but we taught Noah in the Seneca Ward a few years ago. We are glad to see you guys are doing well. You have an adorable family, and new addition.

Chris and Rylie Martin

Terese said...

Rylie and Chris, Thanks for the comment. Of course we remember you guys. You were great teachers to put up with our little chatter box:). I read your profile. I hope things are going well for you guys. I have family in Michigan and love that place!... Especially after the winter.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous images! Your descrip of Noah and Charlie sound like Will and Rowan around here. That top bath shot is amazing!

Love that pic of you. Hip mama. You look so naturally cool :)

Lynn said...

You guys look like you were born to live in Cambridge.

Amberli said...

oh i love all these pictures! they look great. the bath one is so cute!