Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hot in the City

Does my daughter resemble someone famous???


Bed hair in the summer heat is awesome!

I don' t think I talked about Presley's interesting hair experience on this blog. In January she had a fever over the weekend that was a little on the higher side and made her break out in hives. I called the doctor and he said to bring her in if the fever lasts through Monday. The fever went away by Monday and was easy to control with Motrin so I never took her in. Then a couple weeks later, I noticed her hair was looking thinner. I joked about it with neighbors, but just thought it looked that way from winter static. Her hair got so staticky with sweaters and stuff. Then I started noticing hair on her pillow every morning and on her pj's. Josh would run his fingers through her hair and five or six strands would fall into his hands. I took her in when I started to see little bald patches. It turns out she had Telogen Effluvium. It was described to me as a condition that makes your hair fall out when there is some sort of shock to your body's system. I guess it happens to people who have divorces, deaths in the family, all kinds of emotional trauma, and then also to little kids that get crazy, high fevers! Who knew? So PK lost gobs of hair but after a couple of months started getting these brand new hopeful little pokey hairs! I was overjoyed for her. Homegirl has gone through quite a bit during her little second year of life! I'll show you the progression charts I made for the doc:

I didn't mean for this to be a hair post about PK, but I love when other moms share stuff like this to make us more aware of different things that could happen to our sweet little kids. Today PK has all these THICK new hairs that I am trying to figure out what to do with. She still has a handful of the old strands that are a lot longer. It may be time to get it cut to even it all out.

It has been scortching hot here in bean town! Just in time to welcome the bless-ed (barf) Lakers!! Here are some pics of us keeping cool with the kids in our hood:



4 comments:

Tami said...

Love the post. You make her hair problem seem so fahionable. I'm sure she's as cute as ever even with less hair than before.

Elizabeth said...

How awesome your friends threw you a shower! I love the shot of all 3 carseats in the backseat! Can't wait for Charlie's arrival - are you super anxious?!

allegra said...

when is cute little charlie going to come? p.k's is so cute she can sport any hairdo, plethora of strands or not, she still looks adorable. the first pic is awesome.

shower looks fun! wish i could have gone

Lynn said...

you should win the patient of the year award for that chart!

everytime i look at you blog and see your new pics i always think - i would blow that up up poster size if i were you. (not the hair pics but the watermelon, the beach ones etc.)