Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year

Josh's brother, Justin was in town for New Years. He visited with his cute girlfriend, Hailie. We had a great time getting to know her and seeing Justin so happy. It was also great because Josh and I got to have some date nights! Justin got us all tickets to see the Nutcracker in Boston. We had a nice dinner and watched the show. It was a FUN night! I sat there and planned Presley's outfit for the next time Josh takes her to the ballet. The place was swarming with little girls all gussied up. I love the city at night too. 
Then on New Years Eve, our friends Sam and Kirstin took our kids overnight so we could celebrate late. Josh and I had an amazing dinner in the Fenway area, then we took the T to Boston Common and watched Mission Impossible with Justin and Hailie. After that we headed over to the Harbor to count down to the New Year and see the fireworks. It was fun to watch the reflections of the fireworks on the buildings.
I always get choked up when the clock strikes 12 on New Year's Eve. I don't know why. I think I'm totally sentimental. Here is Josh and I trying to keep warm at Faneuil Hall by Boston's Christmas tree. Check out my new Christmas jacket!


A big change in the New year is that Charlie has graduated from the Nursery at church! He is now in the big kid's class called Sunbeams. He was such a good little student, sitting quietly in his chair. Here he is right before church (it was a warm 48 degrees!)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I LOVE Charlie's last pose! Too cute.