Saturday, January 21, 2012

Go West...this is our Destiny

Salt Lake City, UT

Do you ever listen to the Pet Shop Boys? If not, you should. When I started college in utah and my "home base" was Michigan, my sister and I would take flights back and forth from Michigan to Utah for school breaks. Each time we flew to Utah, the song, Go West would pop into my head. Check it out for the best in computer graphics!

Speaking of going west, Josh and I decided we are picking up and moving to Utah! We feel so fortunate for the opportunity. Josh is quitting his job and getting back into science to do a post doc at the University of Utah. We will be living in Cedar Hills temporarily, then probably move up to Salt Lake. When we leave is uncertain. We'll see if we can get our current apartment rented

All this seems so sudden! Before Christmas things were getting unstable at Josh's work here in Boston. A big client had been lost and there has been talk of lay offs. The minute Josh went into business we both instantly missed science. I'm so excited for Josh to go back to it and work towards becoming a professor.

 Also a major plus is that we will get to be with these guys:
(don't mind Noah's dirty look!)
and these guys:


I can't even begin to list the people, places, and things I will miss in Boston. Our kids grew up here. This is the place we have lived the longest as a family. We came here on Noah's fourth birthday. Now he is practically a teenager! Being so far away from family, this is where we have made life long friends. So bittersweet.

9 comments:

Suman Family said...

awe! how exciting for you guys. a great opportunity and how wonderful to live by all of that family. i am sure denise is thrilled. i will miss all of your east coast postings - you take such gorgeous pics and makes me miss the east. good luck with all of your decisions and travels! moving is always tough, huh?

Leslie said...

I'm really really going to miss you guys.

I Have A Boxer said...

I love Boston! But, going back to do what you love and being close to family is what life is about! Good luck to you!

Retro Plants said...

i am SO excited!!! yay!
nothing like the West Coast. . . nothing like family :)
we would love to see you when you get here. . . keep us posted!
(i am sure you will see the kids more than me. . . just the state of affairs :( makes me sad but we all LOVE you!!!)

allegra said...

wow, congrats on the exciting news and move coming up!! How fun to live by family again. I'm totally jealous! I wish I lived by mine and think about them a LOT.

You'll miss Boston but you'll be so happy there. Good luck with everything!

I missed Boston a lot after only 2 years of living there so I can imagine how bittersweet it must be though.

Aubrey said...

We sure are going to miss you, but it will be nice to be close to family.

robin marie said...

so excited for your move!

as for pet shop boys... unfortunately i had a roommate freshman year at byu that would play that album ON REPEAT!!!!

and another one only blasted country music.

and another one played toni braxton's unbreak my heart on repeat...

Pamela said...

I know our paths will cross again...how about this summer in UT? I'll let you know the specific dates when we get our airplane tickets. We'll miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

In the consumer electronics show CES2010, Monster announced the launch of new headphones: Beats By Dr.Dre Solo HD, BeatsSpin and DiddyBeats. monster headphones is famous audio wire business Monster joint American Hip-Hop music godfather Dr. Dre launched the headset brand.