Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer Trip Part 3: Valencia, California

is it me, or does every girl dream about taking a fun-filled road trip with her sister?
California here we come...
...with six kids in tow? only if you have a dvd player!!
we drove from utah to california to visit with friends and family. our first stop was valencia, just north of los angeles to visit our sister shelley and her awesome family.

 anora with cousin, jordan, shelley and jesse's youngest daughter. they have matching hair!
 here is hailey front row as we headed to the farmer's market.

we went to pick up some amazing artichokes (and a giant tray of strawberries that the kids gobbled up in minutes!)
Jesse grilled artichoke that were marinated in lemon butter and covered in parmesan cheese. holy cow! incredible!
We were so fortunate to also get to see our sister, Stacy as well. I LOVE that we all got together. It was an awesome experience.
Shelley decided to be sneaky and surprise us with a visit from our childhood friend, Simple! It was so great to see her and her cute little guy, Liam.

If you're in California, you must take a shot at skateboarding, right?
Noah and Joel, sled style:
Jordan was a cool chick to follow around!
We were loving Valencia. it was so pretty and family friendly.
not only that, but it is where Six Flags Magic Mountain is!
If you can tell by the screaming, the kids had a blast there:
 

 Hailey and Jordan were so great helping with the little guys.


The kiddie rides were perfect for the kids. We had such a fabulous day!


Sweet endings.
Thank you Shelley and Jesse for sharing your life with us. We loved every minute of it!

5 comments:

denise plant said...

Amen sister! Those are some of the best memories! I love the photos you got!

ellen said...

I'm envious. I grew up not far from Magic Mtn. and Valencia was in our stake. I need to get back to the Valley.

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaughanie said...

I think I'm jealous too. It makes me nostalgic to see you in my old stomping grounds. You girls made Valencia look so fun! A sister road trip is the best idea!

Miggy said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish I had a twin. :) And I always mean to tell you that you look beautiful! You and Denise are so photogenic.