Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Trip Part 1: Cousins and Birthdays

There is so much to tell about our 3+ week trip to Utah and California. I'll have to pace myself. I'm so excited to get to go through the photos after having to wait a week while we got a new hard drive installed on our computer. 
To start out, the kids and I flew to Utah just in time to see a few sets of fireworks in the valley for Pioneer Day. Flying with three kids was pretty good. I think I was just real nervous at first, but the nerves were the worst part. Since we rode Southwest there was no assigned seating. Noah had to sit across the row from me, but he did awesome.
Our first adventure was in Cedar Hills Utah, where the kids got to reunite with some friendly faces:
They all played and played and then got to have movie nights with candy and popcorn till their hearts content!
Next we needed to celebrate their birthdays. We did it in one birthday bash this year. It was a family year.
My sister, Denise made the awesome cakes and cookies to match the invites.

We celebrated at Josh's aunt and uncle's house (Denise's in-laws). They have a community pool right out their back door. It is so perfect for family parties.
 Lots of cute cousins!
Lots of silly faces
Lots of "picking up people who didn't want to be held."
PIZZA!! I sure miss that cheap and delish $5 Little Caesar's pizza!!



We filled bellies, then swam. After swimming we hit the pinata.

Love the cousins cheering each other on. That seemed to be the theme for the trip. Lots of love, support and cheering each other on. It was a very special experience.


Noah was determined to be the DESTROYER!
Grabbing the goods. "Everyone look at your cousin and make sure he or she has enough candy!" I loved that. Pinatas can be a blood bath if you don't even out the candy!!
Anora and Yuri. Best Friend cousins.
Linda stopped by to get splashed at the pool and give us some love life updates. Always super fun.
Presents!!
Aaron stopped in on his lunch break.
Happy Birthday guys!!

SO. MUCH. FUN! 
Thanks everyone for making that such a wonderful, amazing birthday. You are loved dearly!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So fun! Please tell Denise those cakes look AMAZING! Maybe I need to do Ella's next birthday party in Utah...

denise plant said...

I am so glad you had your camera to capture the funnest times of MY life! ;)

I will make a cake for you anytime Heather! It's my new passion!