Friday, November 21, 2008

Pass!


love this guy, sigh
Josh just found out that he passed his qualifying exam today!!! We have been working toward this since the summer. It was the huge exam to allow Josh to continue further in his studies here. We are so relieved. Now we can enjoy the holidays. Whew! I didn't even want to talk about it because I didn't want to jinx Josh. (I can't believe how supersticious I get!) Over the summer we heard the pass rate was 50%, but then as the school year went on the pass rate started to drop drastically to 30%! Josh would have lost his scholarship if he didn't pass and we would probably have been forced to leave Harvard due to the high cost of tuition and living.
We have been up to quite a bit lately besides that. Noah and Presley each had their parent teacher conferences this week and both are doing well. We will be working on speaking up with Press as she has a tiny voice in class (takes after me to a tee!) and we will practice writing with Noah who is stubbornly insistant with us that he can right his name backwards and it still "counts". The teacher says it's normal and he will grow out of it, so nobody's worried or anything.
I have been doing some photo sessions and just a whole lotta running around. I want to get my Christmas errands done early this year so there is minimal stress. We'll see how it goes.We still have to do over our family pics for the Christmas card and I don't know if I'll be able to wrangle up the troops for that one. Atleast I have envelopes for the cards...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Congrats on staying in school...and excelling at that.

Avery writes her name backwards sometimes too and I thought maybe she is dyslexic? Glad to know it's normal.