Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We Bid Farewell

R.I.P.
pink sparkle shoes

I did it. I just threw away the sparkle shoes. I held onto them for as long as I could for little PK. She loved these sooo much. Too much.:) She was wearing them to school, to the park, and to church! She got replacement shoes over a month ago, but she still wore these. Yesterday we told her the sparkle shoes were gone and she was so sad. Broke my heart. Now she has decided to wear an old pair that are too small! Oh man.
It is a cold, rainy day here in Cambridge. I think the dark grey skies make the colors on the trees look so pretty. I dug out a hat to protect little baldy from the icy rain drops.



Over the weekend we did our family pictures for our Christmas card. We used a tripod. What a nightmare! Josh and I were ready to sell our kids on ebay after that fiasco! I'm so glad they are done though. We had a few keepers so I'm sticking with it. Next time, I'm having a friend help us. Noah and Presley have school pics this week. What a rip off! They really get you because you can't just get one solo picture and one class picture. You have to buy a whole package. I just want one of each to see how they look and keep for baby books. I will do my own photograpy for grandparents for sure. I will post whatever I get back in a few weeks. Okay, I'm off to read my new book, Breaking Dawn! (finally got it)

3 comments:

allegra said...

well he does have a cute little profile. i love it too and i'm not even his mom:)

sad about her shoes...she'll soon forget about them. i was the same way with a pair of jelly shoes (remember those?) back when i was little. they weren't nearly as cute as her sparkle shoes though.

way to go on doing your own family pictures. i wish you lived by us to take our family pics and we could have done a "photo swap" or something. i bet they're cute nonetheless.

by the way, the template is called "minima stretch?" i believe

Lynn said...

at least you have a very very cute picture to remember the shoes by.

you'd probably get more money for your kids on craigslist...since they wouldn't have to pay for shipping. just kidding. don't sell your kids.

Rachael said...

I have been browsing your blog, you are such a cute Mom! I loved your comment about Charlie's profile. It is funny, cause I feel the same way about my kiddos, I always look at their profiles and get a little sentimental remembering the first time I saw them through ultrasound, and fell in love. Very cute.