Friday, October 10, 2008

Too Cute


It seems like it must be quite the spectacle when I go to the elementary school to pick up Noah in the afternoons. I am carrying Charlie in his carseat and Presley tugging at my coat tails. It's like the Plant family parade. Today when we got Noah, a group of teachers trickled into Noah's classroom to see Charlie. They were ohhing and ahhing at all his coos and lip curling smiles. They would gasp in unison at Charlie's little yawns. I think the big guy was thoroughly enjoying all the attention. He had a crowd of four teachers and two others coming in and out to hear what all the fuss was about!
It's so funny how among the three of my children, Noah seems like such a big kid. Then today when I took Noah to his school which goes all the way to 8th grade and we sat in the cafeteria before the morning bell, Noah seemed like the teeniest little thing. So sweet and innocent around all those big kids. He wanted me to sit with him while he ate some breakfast. I felt a little silly being the only parent there, but I couldn't resist my little guy wanting me to sit with him. It won't be long before he realizes it's not cool to be a momma's boy. I better enjoy it while it lasts.

UGH, those freckles are to die for!
Presley has been doing/saying the cutest things. She has been introduced to four teachers this fall with her teacher and teaching assistant and Noah's teacher and teaching assistant. She talks to all of these people like they are her peers and just another fun kid at the sandbox. I asked her what the names of her teachers were and she said "Ms. Bouncy" = Ms. Betsy and "Ms. Rabbit"= Ms. Abbott. Lately she has been wearing 2-3 hair ties on her wrists as "bracelets." The other day I had my hair up in a pony, then went to fix it when my hair tie broke. We were running errands so I had to just leave my hair down. PK asked "where's your pony?" and I told her my hair tie had broken. She said "here mom, you can have one of my ties." It was like her big break to finally have a use for these uncomfortable shackles she proudly wears on her wrists. Anything for fashion with this girl!

2 comments:

allegra said...

what cute personalities your kiddos have. i thought that was so sweet how noah wanted you to sit with him! what an adorable kid. heck yeah, eat that up while it lasts:) charlie looks ADORABLE in that picture. more than any other pictures you've posted, this one makes him look like his brother SO much. i love his curly little lips, i can't get enough of them. YOU can be anywhere and take a good photo, you're amazing...

Lynn said...

I thought maybe I had already commented on this but that it the sweetest picture of charlie.