Thursday, August 21, 2008

Noah Stories

On Sunday I substitute taught Noah's class at church. Lots of people are out of town right now so it was just Noah and two other little boys. I got to witness Noah's little hijinks in Sunday school and I wasn't sure if I should bust up laughing or crack down on the discipline. The primary leader was showing the kids a picture of Jesus and the sacrament. In the picture there was a golden cup. Noah raised his hand and told everybody about how there was a cup like that in Indianna Jones! All the male leaders in the room couldn't hold back the laughter:) Prior to that, Noah brought home this drawing from his church class:


Not a bad drawing, but I am not sure if this is a picture portraying the statement above! Instead I think he was drawing this:


He also learned about reverence one Sunday. He told me, "I don't like being reverent, it means you have to just sit and STARE!" This kid sure loves action. Not so into the just sitting thing.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I thought I was going to die when Noah said that. But he's right, you know - the Holy Grail is the cup Jesus used for the Last Supper. Maybe if we worked Indiana Jones theology into Sharing Time, the kids would pay closer attention.....

Cagney and Laci said...

Christian told me about Noah's comment and just thought he was brilliant for making the connection! Too cute!

Tami said...

Porter has the same obsession. Anything to do with swords, guns and fighting is the coolest thing ever. He hates school, and I'm sure it's because his 50 year old teacher doesn't really encourage that kind of behavior.

Lynn said...

funny. the drawing is genius and his opinion of reverence...I'm pretty sure that sit and stare can probably be found next to the word in the dictionary.