Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Highlights

I had so many great experiences with my kids this summer. The best was watching them bond with each other. When there were no friends around, they were left to play with each other. I have to say I think they had the times of their lives. I will cherish that about this summer. Just to prove camp mom was not a total bomb this year I'll list a few accomplishments:
  • Presley finally figured out how to cross the monkey bars, She worked so hard and was so determined!
  • Both Noah and Presley completed their summer reading lists and really liked reading.
  • We successfully decorated their whole bedroom with their own colorful personal artwork.
  • We did an act of service at least once a week.
  • We learned multiple scripture stories. I think Noah is going to scream if he hears one more time about the 10 Lepers. (Pres thinks it's the 10 Leopards!)
  • Charlie used the potty multiple times and can speak in 2-3 word sentences. (Maybe I'm the only one who knows what he's saying, though...)
  • Charlie is growing up, but he still makes sucking sounds in his sleep like he's nursing. I think it's so adorable.
  • Noah has done more than his fair share of cleaning the bedroom, getting Charlie drinks, teaching Presley to share with Charlie, and guarding his lego creations with his life. Sigh, I'm going to miss these guys when they go to school...


3 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm going to miss summer too. I love having them home. And now I'm wondering how Benjamin will do without his older playmate around all day.

Heather said...

I love this post! Isn't it funny how it's the little things you'll remember. Like my favorite part of the summer has been Ella learning to hold our hands (or fingers really). Great pics too.

Retro Plants said...

it's sad to see these summer days are slipping away. . . school will be starting soon and then before you know it the leaves will be changing!
all that aside. . . this time of year is the BEST back East!
fall rocks.

can you believe Indiana will be starting school in September!?!
i am SOOOO sad!