Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vacation Memories

So many things I think back on from our trip totally crack me up. I always feel like I am living in a bloopers segment of a movie!

So we started our drive heading to Delaware to visit some dear friends who were our neighbors in Cambridge. As you can see below, the Plants have no problem making themselves at home while visiting the Komendas. Love these guys!



One of the bloopers here was me waking up in the morning and falling down the entire flight of their stairs! I just sat there stunned as everyone waited for me to get to the bottom. Then Josh and I made eye contact and it was nothing but laughter! Thanks hun. :)

Also while in Delaware we woke up to mass amounts of snow, a snow emergency, and all freeways closed! The street our car was originally parked on had no chance of getting plowed. The snow was up to our knees, but Josh was determined to get our car to a main, plowed road so he shoveled half the street while I rocked our car back and forth over pile upon pile of snow. At one point while Michael and Josh were pushing the car and I was driving, I forgot I left the rear wipers on so they were going back and forth whipping snow into the guys' faces! Oops. It was way fun to get to spend an extra day with our friends. They went above and beyond to take care of us.

When we finally got back on the road the bumpy snow rattled loose a piece of metal on the bottom of our car. While idling our car made this horrid noise. Luckily the metal piece wasn't important so we had it removed when we got to FL.

This sight was what I had been waiting for. Heaven (even in 60 degrees).





My dad and Josh got plenty of guy time in. We spent our nights watching olympics and chatting. It reminded me of my high school days plopping next to dad on the couch while he watched sports.



Those sea gulls didn't know what they were up against.

4 comments:

Heather said...

soooooo jealous of all that warm weather! us california girls are not meant to live in the cold. :)

michelle said...

Love the photos of Presley in the water - I bought the same swimsuit for Annabelle (who knows when she'll use it). And I'm totally jealous you're friends with Jenny from LGN (I recognized her apt from your photo). She just decorated my friend Jordan's apartment and did a fantastic job and her blog is one of my favorites.

Looks like such a great trip! I'm fantasizing about the beach. AHHH.

Annalee said...

soo fun! I can't believe the snow. that is crazy. I love that house, so cutely decorated!! miss you guys. hopefully your next trip will be out here soooooooooon!! :)

Lynn said...

i could gaze into that ocean picture for hours. wow.