Monday, January 18, 2010

Loving Literacy


Today I took the kiddos to the mall to let them play in the play room they have. Since Noah was out of school for Martin Luther King Day, it was game on for the outings. After lunch we ran into a store kind of like Best Buy in search of a simple usb cord (didn't find one, just those expensive ones you have to sick your memory card in). They had movies there and life sized Twilight cut outs. Presley was inspecting the Jacob, saying mom it's "Jake". Is it sad that my four year old knows that? Anyways, later on tonight I was driving to get Josh from work and Noah says to me, "Mom, did you know there is a movie called, "Booty Call"? I almost died!! I asked him how he knew that and he said he read the title on one of the movies at the movie (usb cord place) store! Needless to say we had a nice little conversation about boys and girls and how boys need to treat girls with respect and that it's never funny to treat a girl bad even if the rest of the world might think so. Noah had no idea what he was in for reading that movie cover!

3 comments:

denise plant said...

Love the Booty Call comment! I don't think I tell you enough how super cute your kids are! They were fun to see in person today. They are each so special!

nic said...

I can't wait to have some kiddos and watch Ryan squirm in a situation just like that :)

Elizabeth said...

oh i love that pic of you and presley below! so precious. that is too funny about booty! the things they will see and read now... Will just discovered emailing and typing. these guys are growing up.