Sunday, October 18, 2009

quick before I forget

Ever since being weaned from nursing, this has been Charlie's thing:


He loves to walk around with a sippy cup and a big old box of something. It's usually this or Cheerios. I don't know what it is, maybe an independence thing, but he loves to reach his little chubby fingers down into those boxes he can barely carry. Keeps him occupied for a FEW minutes while I get dinner going.

He also knows to smile for the camera! This is his best cheesy grin. Love those little teeth! He had his 15 month check up and weighs just over 27 pounds. My little stud muffin. He got three shots and blood drawn and didn't cry at all. Insane!


So the latest on PK is that she got bit by a tick! I thought it was just a mosquito bite, but it formed a red ring around the bite and turned out to be Lyme disease!! We caught it earliy enough that the antibiotics have almost completely gotten rid of it, but a little nerve racking. Mean old ticks going after my baby! It turns out she must have gotten the tick when we were apple picking. If you ever see a red ring around one of your kids' bug bites, go straight to the doc.

When Presley can't decide which barrette to wear, she just wears all three. Problem solved! So this is our schedule for documenting purposes. Our lives have been so much better since this:
  • 3 pm pick Noah up and go to the park
  • 4 pm head home and do homework
  • 5 pm start dinner
  • 5:30 pm Ruff Ruffman (very important)
  • 6 pm serve dinner
  • 6:15 pm kids clear off table, wipe down and sweep and mom and dad do dishes
  • 6:45 pm jammies, teeth brushed, stories
  • 7:30 pm Noah & PK sleep
  • 7:45 pm Charlie sleep
  • 8 pm mom and dad party like it's 1999!
I think one of the best things about this list is having dinner at a set time. I don't know why I didn't start that before. I just always wanted to be flexible with Josh's work/school schedule. Now we just save Josh a plate if he can't make it by 6. Sooo mch better for the kids.

3 comments:

allegra said...

Terese, that is so scary about the tick! I wouldn't even know what a tick bite looks like so that's good to know. I'm glad she's doing better. And Charlie is a STUD for not even crying after shots. What a guy!!

I need some sort of schedule. What a great idea. I too just kind of whip dinner together whenever, put Max to bed whenever...and I think it would be easier with more structure.

Sarah and David said...

How horrible about the tick!! My nephew who lives in Virginia got bit out by their horses and got the ring and the Lyme's disease and they caught it early too. You guys are good moms! We get ticks here on the kids and it totally freaks me out!! But most of them don't carry diseases.

Cute pics of Charlie!

Lynn said...

your schedule idea is just what we need. but i've been thinking that for the last few years. maybe we could actually do it though.