Saturday, September 26, 2009

A full day

It started as just a beautiful day for apple picking. Presley, Charlie, and I met a couple girls from church play group to Honey Pot Farms to check out farm animals and pick some apples. The whole drive up Pres and I were pointing out the pretty colors on the trees. I have grown to really love fall. I do still stick by summer as my fave, but fall is coming in a close second.

We got there early, had some donuts and checked out the animals. It was so fun. I love getting into the spirit of the season, no matter what season. I think it gets worse and worse as the kids grow.
We grabbed a bag to fill with apples and when we got to the orchard Presley had that thing filled within minutes. She did all the work. Those apples were heavy!
Charlie REALLY loved the animals. The goats climbed up ramps and stood on platforms.
The three little pigs' houses:

After that we picked up Noah early from school for his and PK's birthday check-ups at the doctor. Poor PK wound up getting six shots!!

When we picked up Josh we made a spontaneous trip to get the kids their first bikes! That cheered PK up!

Josh spent part of last night and all morning teaching Noah to ride without training wheels. He is a pro now! It's so cute. He looks so tiny on this bike, zooming around.

Charlie's cutest new thing is blowing on food to cool it off. He was blowing on his Cheerios the other day! He is also starting to fold his arms and babble for prayers. Love it!

4 comments:

denise plant said...

Yay new bikes! I got choked up seeing Noah be such a big boy with only two wheels! We have been picking apples too (though the scenery isn't nearly as beautiful as yours). I have been brave enough to make two apple pies already! Let me know if you need some apple recipes! We miss you guys terribly!

allegra said...

you look so pretty in that first picture. i don't think you can ever take a bad picture!! that photo of charlie sitting with the apples is adorable- how cute that he blows on his cheerios:) so adorable.

Sara said...

what a great day! i love spontaneous things like that, especially if it involves shopping (who am i kidding?)my kids really need "real" bikes soon, too. maybe next summer. your pictures always make me wish I could be your friend (like, in real day-to-day life) and our kids could hang out, too. :)

Annalee said...

your starting to like fall more because you live in the east! It's gorgeous. I love the apple picking. I can't picture little Noah riding around a two wheeler. He's all big now! I miss you guys!