Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Little Things

My week consisted of a bunch of little happy moments. Yesterday I sat with Noah while Charlie and Presley slept and we played some Lego Star Wars on the "Wii" {Noah thinks we have a Wii but it's actually a used old Nintendo game cube}. I realized that is the best way to talk to Noah about his day aand things he's into. By the way we totally beat the space fighter level!
Josh had a busy week with a presentation in the lab on Friday and the start of his new class he TAs which consists of a large group of grad students. Thursday night even though we were exhausted we stayed up till 10:30 (party animals) and worked on his presentation. I scanned his western blot images while he put together power point slides. Go team Plant! It was nice to have some of my computer art skills come in handy for my science guy. I wish he needed more homemade posters for projects. Darn!

Today was Noah's first day of soccer. It was actually action packed. The kids kind of "got it". We lucked out with a strong team for Noah. As Josh and my dad would put it, it's not how you play the game, it's winning! Yay sportsmanship! I think the other parents were too shy to cheer loudly. I guess in sports, most of my shyness disappears. I am one of the few who love to cheer. A lot. Poor Noah.

Noah really got in there and played tough.

Presley was happy on the sidelines as long as she had some Gatorade in hand.

On a humbling note we are praying real hard for Josh's grandparents who are struggling in the battle with Grandma B's cancer. Cancer is definitely not for whimps. We're thinkin' of you guys.

3 comments:

allegra said...

how cute. darling kiddos. i can't wait until Max is old enough to play soccer. i think Mom's that cheer at the sidelines are the bomb! why else are you there?:) good for you.

i have a grandparent going through cancer too. it's heartbreaking. he's gone through many treatments and is such a trooper but it's really hard, you know?

i LOVE charlie's hat!! that's adorable.

allegra said...

BTW, i love your new header! that's so darling! did you major in graphic design~you said in your post helping Josh your art came in handy or something...

Terese said...

allegra- no graphic design, I majored in art education, but gd would've been my second choice for sure. I got to take a handful of classes in it at BYU and really loved it.